Well, hello there! If you haven’t noticed, the Christmas season is in full swing. And apparently, up north, Mother Nature got the memo. A quick peek on social media this morning showed me that my friends and family in northwest Iowa have activities being cancelled because of the snow and ice. It was 63 degrees here when I went outside today. It seems weird to have 60 degrees and Christmas songs playing, but here we are. I decorated our house last weekend and posted some of it on my Instagram and I had so many questions about where I got stuff that I decided to blog on it. All of my stuff was purchased at Marshalls and WalMart. If you don’t live near a Marshalls, TJ Maxx has the same stuff. Oh, and of course Amazon Prime. So here’s the round up:
- Buffalo Plaid Runner: I got this at Walmart. I love all things buffalo plaid and this was begging to be in my house. It covers up a scratch on my console table and looks really cool without being overpowering. It’s not available online but it is in the stores.
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat: This was on the shelf above the plaid runner. I think it was only $1.88. Super cheap. I only got one to put in the center, but you get as many as your heart desires. Again, it’s not online but it’s in the store.
- Merry Christmas Wooden Crate and filler: I couldn’t find this online but this is also from Walmart. I got the crate for about $10, the garland for $12, and the pinecone and sparkly red filler for $1 each. I’m kind of pleased with how this turned out. I’m NOT good at flower arranging or anything like that so I had to send pics to my aunt and sister to see if it looked ok.
- Buffalo Plaid Throw Pillow Covers: These were from Amazon. I like the throw pillow covers because it’s easier to store than an extra set of throw pillows. They’re also easier to wash. Throw them in the washer and it’s all good.
- Red Truck and Wagon Throw Pillow Covers: These are also from Amazon. I love the red truck in with Christmas decor and thought it would look good with the buffalo plaid. The material is nice and soft like the flannel pillows too.
- Christmas Tree Farms Sign: I got this at Marshalls and couldn’t find it online. Amazon has this one and this one. Or just got browse Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I guarantee they have them too.
Those are just a few of the things people have commented on. I got a lot of questions about my tree and what theme I used. I didn’t use a theme. I used to take my stepchildren to pick out an ornament every year so a lot of our ornaments are from them. A couple of them are my late grandmothers. Those are older than I am! Yes, there are 6 Iowa State ornaments on my tree. I can’t help it! I also have ornaments that were given to me and some that James and I have gotten on our vacations. This year, we picked up one with the state of Arkansas on it that says, “Home for Christmas”. We thought it was appropriate since Arkansas is our new home. Oh, and for those of you that complimented my house, thanks! It’s a rental but by next year we should own a home. This one is pretty small so we’re planning on buying a bigger one. I’ve already said I’ll be going shopping for more Christmas decor on Dec 26! Maybe I’ll force my stepkids to go with me….I’m sure they’ll love that.
Post pics of your house decorated for Christmas! I love seeing them! I know Sibley is having the Tour of Homes this weekend. I should see if they have anything like that around here. There are some spectacular homes I wouldn’t mind seeing!
** This post contains some affiliate links that I may be compensated for. **