Happy Sunday everyone! This weekend has been more relaxing than usual. To be honest, it’s been fairly boring. My husband is gone in Minneapolis with his youngest daughter at a basketball tournament and won’t get home until late tonight. I stayed at home. Technically, my stepson is here too, but between baseball, work, and hanging out with his friends, I haven’t seen him much. Yesterday I spent some time with my grandma in the nursing home. And at some time, I’m gonna clean out my closest and do some more packing. You know, in case the house sells at some point….
I was trying to think of something to post this week and was all out of inspiration. Maybe it’s because I’m doing the 90 Day No Shopping Challenge. But then I saw a few other bloggers doing a “Things About Me” post and decided I’d hop on board. Sometimes these things are fun and you can learn some new stuff about people. So here goes:
- My favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama. I love anything with Reese Witherspoon, but this is my absolute favorite. I just watched it last night. It was made in 2002 but her clothes are still in style. My husband jokes that Melanie Carmichael is me in movie form. I moved back to my small town after living in the city and some of the stuff she does is fairly accurate.
- I can throw a decent punch. My dad taught me how to do this when I was younger. (The power comes from your hip and your shoulder. Rotate and follow through.) Also, I grew up with 3 older boy cousins so I learned to defend myself pretty quickly! It’s a trick that’s served me well. In college, a guy grabbed my butt in the bar and I got pissed. He did it again and I punched him. The bartender saw it and let me drink for free the rest of the night. I’m not saying I could fend off someone attacking me and violence isn’t always the answer, but hey…a girls’ gotta do, what a girls gotta do!
- I love Coca Cola. I eat pretty healthy, but I do love some sugary chemical laden Coca Cola from time to time. I rarely ever drink soda but when I do, I will ONLY drink Coca Cola. Not Diet Coke. That makes me gag. I also believe Coca Cola can cure a headache faster than anything else. I’ve tried other types of caffeine during a migraine and nothing works as well as plain old Coke.
- I love vehicles. My dad is a trucker, my (step) dad owns an auto body shop, my brother is a car dealer, my grandpa was a mechanic, and my other grandpa owned an auto parts store. You can argue whether is nature vs nurture but it doesn’t matter. I drive a GMC Yukon. I don’t need a big vehicle but I love it. I also believe every vehicle needs the right wheels and rims. I have 2 sets for my vehicle.(A pretty shiny set for nice weather and the boring factory set for the winter). And I’d get a 3rd if I could afford it. When I bought my vehicle (from my brother!) a year ago, there was a 3 week debate between me, my brother, and my dads about which rims I should put on it. Also, both of my dads have always had Harleys so I love those too.
- I cuss a lot. Way too much. I’d say I’m working on it, but at this point, I’ve just learned to turn it off and on. According to a few members of my family, my first word was “Shit”. This is not a surprise.
- My husband is my favorite person in the world. I’d probably spend 24 hours a day with him if I could. However, I can be a bit much. That poor guy…
- I shave my legs everyday. Too much info? Too bad. I HATE the feeling of leg hair. I even shaved less than 24 hours after my hysterectomy. I know, it’s weird. But it’s my thing.
- I’ll watch any TV show with Snoop Dogg. I love him. He’s funny and talented. And yeah, he might be high all the time but whatever. My favorite is when he’s on Jimmy Kimmel doing Plizzanet Earth. I laugh hysterically at this.
- I’m terrified of wasps and hornets. Bees scare me too but I try to be nice to them since they make honey and I like honey. Wasps and hornets are just jackasses with wings. If I see one, I immediately start to panic. A 1200 pound horse doesn’t scare me, but put me close to something with a stinger and I immediately cower.
- When I was younger, I read the Sweet Valley Twins books and I wanted a twin. I figured her name would have been Katie. In a weird twist of fate, I have a niece named Katee who acts a lot like me. I bet she drives my sister crazy. Haha.
- Gwen Stefani drives me crazy. I loved her in No Doubt and loved her when she went off on her own. However, ever since she started dating Blake Shelton, I kind of want to kick her.( Plus, who dumps Miranda Lambert?!) I think my main problem is that she ACTS dumb. She can’t possibly be that dumb. She’s had a great career and done so much so she has to be smart. Women have fought too hard to be taken seriously so when a smart woman acts dumb, I get pissed.
- I believe that watermelon is one of the grossest foods ever. I know, I’m not American if I don’t like it. It’s good for you..blah, blah, blah. But I hate it. I really do. I only know of one other person who hates it like I do. I hate the smell of it, the texture of it, and the taste. Gross.
- My younger brother used to be more scared of me than he was of my mom. When he was in high school, he got in trouble once and I let him know that wasn’t acceptable. Two weeks later, he went to a friends and told my mom he’d let her know if he was staying or not. He wouldn’t answer her calls or texts so at 12:30 at night she text him and said, ” If you don’t let me know where you are in 5 minutes, I’m calling Kari.” She got a text back 30 seconds later that said, ” I’m at Nicks. Please don’t call Kari!” P.S. He’s not terrified of me anymore.
- I am a football fan. I love Iowa State college football and Oakland Raiders NFL football. I get excited when training camp starts every year. In fact, on my first date with my husband, we bonded over NFL. I also took him tailgating and he fell in love with Iowa State as well. Now we try to make it to a game at least once a year. He’s a Vikings fan so our NFL teams only play each other once every 4 years. That’s probably a good thing! On Sundays in the fall, we make football food (appetizers or chili!) and watch games. My youngest stepdaughter knows more about football than most guys.
- I’ve had at least 10 surgeries in my life. Open heart surgery, pacemaker surgery, pacemaker batter surgery, tubal ligation, knee surgery, hysterectomy, and nasal surgery. Oh and a few oral surgeries as well. According to more than one doctor, I have a high pain tolerance. I’m not afraid of needles or going under the knife. I’d totally get plastic surgery if I could afford it. I also have no tolerance for people who are freaked out by surgery or get queasy around needles. This is one of the many reasons I’m not a nurse or doctor.
There you have it. Fifteen things you may not have known about me. Do any of them surprise you?